Thursday 31 January 2013

Zebra illustration

Hey everyone, I'm going to post some other work along the way while I post my word of the week drawings. Hope you enjoy this !

I used India ink in a brush pen and a piece of watercolor board for this illustration.

I wanted to challenge myself in this piece by not only trying a different set of techniques, but also making the zebra have many intricacies.

I had to be very careful because of the bleeding ink but I took my time and made the zebra come to life.

Was very pleased with the end result and it also went to a very appreciative home :)

1 comment:

  1. This is your strongest work, even though it's not for IF. You should do more pieces in this style. Also, did you ever finish it? I can see lots of pencil lines on the white areas, that's why I ask.

    ReplyDelete